The Boca Raton, Florida property damage insurance lawyers at Bernstein Polsky can help you if your home has been damaged and you need help with your insurance claim. If your property damage claim was denied or if you believe you haven’t been paid the amount of money you deserve for your property damage claim, the Boca Raton, Florida property damage lawyers at Bernstein Polsky may be able to help. The homeowner’s insurance claims process can be challenging and stressful, but you don’t have to navigate it alone.
A property damage claim denial doesn’t need to be the final word and you may be able to appeal the amount of money being offered for your settlement. Bernstein Polsky is a property damage insurance law firm that can review the details of your insurance policy, look at the documentation you submitted to your insurance company for gaps and omissions, and assist you with appealing a denied or underpaid claim. We can also look closely at your coverage to see if you missed out on any claims you might be entitled to make.
Contact our property damage insurance lawyers in Boca Raton, Florida today. Bernstein Polsky is a Boca Raton, Florida property damage insurance law firm that helps homeowners whose homes have been damaged due to fire damage, water damage, hurricane damage, wind damage, mold damage and more. If your home was robbed and property stolen, and doors or other fixtures broken during a break-in, you may also have the right to make a property damage claim. Have questions about your rights regarding a property damage insurance denial? Reach out to Bernstein Polsky, Boca Raton, Florida property damage insurance denial lawyers.
What Should I Do If My Property Was Damaged in Boca Raton, Florida?
Hurricanes, major storms, fires, flooding, and other natural disasters can result in property damage in Boca Raton, Florida. During hurricane season, Florida homes are at increased risk of damage. As you prepare for hurricane season, it is always a good idea to review your insurance policy and make sure you have enough coverage.
Your obligations as a homeowner don’t end just because your home was seriously damaged in a storm. Even if your home was seriously damaged in a Florida storm, you may still have important obligations. You will still be obligated to pay your mortgage, take steps to secure your home if storm damage makes it more prone to water damage or leaks, and may be struggling to figure out how you’ll pay for repairs and pay the bills after a storm. If your property was damaged due to a natural disaster, hurricane, fire, or other cause, there are some important first steps you can take right now to begin protecting your rights.
- First, speak with legal counsel at Bernstein Polsky to fully understand your rights and how to properly report hurricane damage without prejudicing your claim.
- File a claim with your homeowner’s insurance company with the assistance of a lawyer. The sooner you file a claim, the sooner an adjuster can evaluate your damages, and cut you a check to pay for repairs.
- Mitigation of damages is critical. Become educated with the assistance of your lawyers at Bernstein Polsky on what is required to maximize your claim and not lose out on available benefits.
- See what other emergency aid options may be available in your area. After a major hurricane, storm, or other disaster, aid money and other services may be available to help you if your home has been damaged. For example, if your home is uninhabitable after a major storm, you and your family might qualify for FEMA assistance to help you find shelter while you wait for repairs or wait to rebuild. Other types of aid programs may offer short-term shelter, especially if your neighborhood cannot be accessed due to the storm.
If your property was damaged after a storm, taking the time to read through your homeowners insurance policy might be a good next step. Some policies have explicit exclusions for flood damage or deductibles that can affect your settlement amount. Taking the time to understand what is and isn’t covered under your policy is a good first step while you wait to hear back from your insurance adjuster. If your claim has been denied or if the settlement amount you are being offered is lower than what you expected, you may have the right to appeal the denial or ask for more money.
Sometimes homeowners may not always know all the options and coverage available under a policy, and insurance adjusters may not always ask homeowners if they had certain types of losses. For example, if you had to stay in a hotel because your home was damaged in a fire, you may have the right to ask for money to cover your hotel stay, or money to replace clothes you lost. If you had to eat out because of a fire or damage to your home, you may be able to receive money to cover the difference in cost. If your policy covers losses for damaged furniture, electronics, or other property, your Boca Raton, Florida property damage lawyer may be able to help you review your policy and make all the possible claims you may be entitled to make. The property damage insurance lawyers at Bernstein Polsky in Boca Raton, Florida can review your policy, look at the documentation you provided to your insurance company, and assist you with getting the settlement you may deserve under the law.
How a Boca Raton, Florida Property Damage Lawyer Can Help You
If your homeowner’s insurance claim has been denied or underpaid, a Boca Raton, Florida property damage lawyer may be able to help you. Insurance companies may not always pay homeowner’s the amount of money they deserve and sometimes they may try to avoid paying claims altogether. A property damage insurance lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida at Bernstein Polsky can determine whether your insurance company is acting in bad faith and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve. Here are some things your property damage lawyer can help with:
- A property damage insurance lawyer at Bernstein Polsky can review your policy, read the fine print, and help you understand what is, and isn’t covered under your policy. Your lawyer can take steps based on this language to help you appeal a denied claim or appeal an underpaid claim. We can write demand letters, negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf, and fight to help you get the best possible settlement under the law. We can check for omitted claims if you missed out on making claims you were entitled to make.
- Bernstein Polsky is a property damage insurance law firm in Boca Raton, Florida that understands how the claims process works and understands what insurance adjusters need to properly settle a claim. Insurance adjusters handle claims all the time and they often have an advantage when it comes to the process. Having a Boca Raton, Florida property damage insurance lawyer on your side can level out the playing field by giving you someone with experience to argue for your side.
- A property damage insurance lawyer can stand by your side should you need to take your claim to court. While not all appeals need to go to trial, sometimes insurance companies refuse to pay individuals the amounts they are owed. Bernstein Polsky isn’t afraid to take insurance companies to court, when needed.
These are just a few of the ways your property damage insurance lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida may be able to help you if your homeowner’s insurance claim was denied or underpaid. Our caring and compassionate Boca Raton, Florida property damage lawyers at Bernstein Polsky work closely with individuals going through the stressful process of rebuilding or repairing after a storm. We understand how crucial getting the right payment can be to rebuilding. Contact Bernstein Polsky, property damage insurance lawyers in Boca Raton, Florida to learn more today.