The Boca Raton, Florida car accident lawyers at Bernstein Polsky may be able to assist you if you or someone you love was hurt in a car crash. The aftermath of a car wreck can be devastating for victims and their families. You and your loved ones may be facing unexpected medical and rehabilitation bills, may be unsure how you’ll make ends meet if you have had to miss time from work due to your injury, and may be wondering what next steps you can take when it comes to making an insurance claim.
In the aftermath of a car accident, insurance adjusters may offer victims and their families what appears to be a substantial settlement. But if you don’t know what your car accident claim might be worth, you could potentially accept a settlement that is less than you may be entitled to receive. While insurance companies are required to honor their obligations, insurance adjusters may sometimes use formulas or algorithms to determine the settlement amount they may want to offer you. A Boca Raton, Florida car accident lawyer at Bernstein Polsky can review the details of your case, look closely at your losses, estimate the value of your claim, and negotiate with insurance adjusters to help you get the best possible maximum settlement permitted under the law.
The Boca Raton, Florida car wreck lawyers at Bernstein Polsky may be able to help you and your family seek compensation for your losses if you’ve been seriously injured in a car accident. Yet, you may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law. Reach out to the Boca Raton, Florida car accident lawyers at Bernstein Polsky today.
Steps to Take After a Boca Raton, Florida Car Accident
If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in Boca Raton, Florida there are certain steps you may want to take to protect your rights and ensure that you and others receive the care they need. The immediate aftermath of a car accident can be a very stressful time. Here are some steps you can take to remain safe and to protect your rights:
- Call the police. Under Florida law, you are required to call the police if there is over $500 in property damage, if someone was injured, or if someone was killed in the accident. If you were in a minor accident, you may still want to make a police report. Damage that appears minor, could still require repairs in excess of $500, and sometimes individuals may not appear injured at the scene of the accident, but then later find that they experience symptoms of conditions like whiplash or post-traumatic stress disorder or mild traumatic brain injury—conditions which may not always show symptoms right after an accident. It is best to err on the side of caution and make a police report.
- Help people seek medical help. Seek medical attention for yourself and help those who are injured seek medical attention. Call for help if people were injured. When you seek medical attention, keep medical records safe and always follow your doctor’s instructions, including attending follow-up appointments when necessary.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver and with witnesses. Some information you’ll want to get from the other driver is his or her full name, phone number, driver’s license and license plate number of the other vehicle or vehicles, the model, year, and type of vehicle involved in your accident, and where the accident took place. When officers arrive, ask them for their names and badge numbers and ask where you can obtain the police report.
- Take photos. If you can, take photos of the damage to your vehicle, the position of both cars in the road where they stopped, and photos of any injuries you might have sustained.
- Tell your insurance company what happened. Many insurance companies require that drivers report an accident as soon as possible and you may have deadlines by which you need to report the accident.
- Consider speaking to a car accident lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida. If you were seriously injured, are having trouble with your car accident claim, or have questions about what your car accident claim might be worth and what your next steps should be, the Boca Raton, Florida car accident lawyers at Bernstein Polsky are here to help. Our lawyers can review your case and help you understand the next steps you can take.
These are just some things to keep in mind in the aftermath of a crash. Always follow the instructions of emergency personnel and seek medical attention if you or someone else was hurt. If you have questions about your rights following an accident, need help with your insurance claim, or have questions about whether you might be entitled to seek damages for your losses, reach out to the car wreck lawyers in Boca Raton, Florida at Bernstein Polsky today.
Insurance Claims Lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida
If you were hurt in a truck or car accident, one of the big challenges might involve your insurance claim. Insurance companies have a legal obligation to honor your policy. Yet sometimes insurance adjusters may use estimates or formulas to arrive at the settlement amount they might provide you in a quote. If the settlement amount being offered is lower than your losses, or if you were seriously injured in a truck or car accident, contact the insurance claims lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida at Bernstein Polsky today.
Contact a Boca Raton, Florida Car Accident Lawyer
Bernstein Polsky is a car accident law firm in Boca Raton, Florida that offers caring and compassionate counsel to victims and families who have been affected due to the negligence or neglect of another driver. Drivers have a responsibility to follow the law, to refrain from drinking and driving, and to refrain from texting and driving. If another driver’s actions resulted in your injuries or losses, you and your family may have the right to seek damages. We understand that this may be a challenging time for you and your loved ones. We are here to help.
The Boca Raton, Florida car wreck lawyers at Bernstein Polsky are here to assist you with your claim. We can review your case, help you understand your next steps, and help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law. You may only have a limited amount of time to make a claim under the law following a car crash. Reach out to the Boca Raton, Florida car accident lawyers at Bernstein Polsky today to learn more about how we may be able to help you and your family seek justice.