The Boca Raton, Florida insurance claim denial lawyers at Bernstein Polsky can assist you if your insurance claim has been denied, delayed, or if you believe your insurance claim was underpaid. If you have received a denial letter from an insurance company, you have the right to appeal the denial, have the right to mediation, and the right to request a free Neutral Evaluation of your denied claim (if the claim involves damages due to a sinkhole). Insurance adjusters make mistakes. You may still be able to receive a settlement under the law.
If you need assistance with your hurricane insurance claim, property damage insurance claim, fire damage claim, water damage claim, or roof damage claim, the Boca Raton, Florida insurance claim lawyers at Bernstein Polsky are here to help you. Our insurance denial lawyers can review your insurance policy, review your property damage, estimate the value of your claim, and negotiate with insurance companies to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law. Bernstein Polsky are Boca Raton, Florida insurance lawyers that help clients with:
- Denied, delayed, or underpaid hurricane damage claims
- Denied, delayed, or underpaid property damage claims
- Denied, delayed, or underpaid fire damage claims
- Denied, delayed, or underpaid water damage claims
- Denied, delayed, or underpaid roof damage claims
- Underpaid homeowner’s insurance claims
If your insurance claim has been denied, delayed, or underpaid, you may have the right to dispute the settlement being offered and fight your case either inside or outside of court. If you need help with your insurance claim, Bernstein Polsky is an insurance denial law firm in Boca Raton, Florida that may be able to help you. You may only have a limited amount of time to fight insurance companies for bad faith or to negotiate a better claim. Reach out to Bernstein Polsky today.
Homeowners Claims Bill of Rights
Under Florida law, homeowners who have insurance policies have important rights, especially when making a claim. Knowing your rights is important when navigating the insurance claims process. What are your rights? Here are your homeowners claim bill of rights:
- Within 14 days of making a claim, your insurance company must acknowledge that you made the claim.
- After you submit your proof of loss to the insurance company, you have the right to write to your insurance company, asking the company to let you know within 30 days whether you are fully covered for your loss or partially covered. If your claim is still being investigated, your insurance company must inform you that your claim remains under investigation.
- Within 90 days after you make your claim, your insurance company should either pay your settlement in full, pay the undisputed part of a disputed settlement, or tell you that your claim has been denied.
- If your claim isn’t paid within 90 days, your insurance company may be responsible for paying you interest on a late payment. This law applies to claims made after January 1, 2022.
- If you want to dispute a settlement, you may be entitled to participate in mediation or receive a free neutral evaluation if your insurance claim is under dispute and the damages are due to a sinkhole.
Another important factor in the outcome of an insurance claim is your policy itself. Understanding your deductible, exclusions under your policy, and the nuances of your policy can help you understand why some things are or aren’t covered. Yet, insurance policies can sometimes have quite a bit of fine print. A Boca Raton, Florida insurance claim lawyer at Bernstein Polsky can review your insurance policy, help you understand your rights, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law. Contact Bernstein Polsky, insurance denial attorneys in Boca Raton, Florida today to learn more.
Why Did My Insurance Company Deny My Claim in Boca Raton, Florida?
There are many reasons why your homeowner’s insurance company might have denied your claim. Sometimes insurance claims denials are valid, and are due to exclusions under your policy, deductibles not being met, or because you made a claim for damages not covered under your insurance policy. For example, most standard homeowner’s insurance policies don’t cover flood damage, and individuals need to buy this coverage separately. Sometimes individuals have high deductibles, and if the damage doesn’t exceed these deductibles, your coverage won’t cover the losses because you have not met the deductible. However, there are situations where you may have the right to dispute denied insurance claims. What are some of these situations?
- Insufficient documentation. Sometimes insurance companies might not pay you the full damage you believe you deserve if you fail to properly document damages or provide full and clear estimates from contractors. There may be instances where insurance companies might use algorithms or formulas to estimate the value of damages, and these formulas may not always consider accurate costs of materials, labor, or repairs. In many cases, these disputes can be resolved by providing accurate estimates for repairs, and by properly documenting damages. A Boca Raton, Florida insurance claim lawyer can review contractor estimates, documentation you presented to your insurance company, and ensure that you have provided all documentation required.
- Disagreements about value of damages. Sometimes insurance companies might claim that the damages to your property are less than the deductible. In this case, your insurance won’t be obligated to pay your claim. But, if your insurance company didn’t properly estimate your damages, or failed to account for damages covered under your policy, you may be entitled to receive a higher settlement.
- Disputes about the nature of the damages. Many insurance policies exclude flood damage but may cover other types of water damage. Things can get complicated if your home was flooded and suffered water damage due to other causes. Determining what led to the cause of your damage can make a difference in whether your claim is covered or not. A Boca Raton, Florida insurance denial attorney at Bernstein Polsky may be able to evaluate your policy, your damages, and fight to help you get the settlement you may deserve under the law.
These are just some of the instances where a denied insurance claim may be disputed. In some cases, insurance adjusters act in bad faith. The insurance denial lawyers in Boca Raton, Florida at Bernstein Polsky work closely with individuals struggling with their insurance claims. Reach out to our insurance lawyers in Boca Raton, Florida today to learn more.
Disputing a Denied Insurance Claim in Boca Raton, Florida
If your insurance claim has been denied in Boca Raton, Florida, you may have the right to dispute the denial, participate in mediation, and request a free Neutral Evaluation, if the damage to your home was caused by a sinkhole. If you believe your insurance company acted in bad faith when denying your claim, you may have the right to pursue a lawsuit and may be able to seek damages. Sometimes adjusters misrepresent policies or wrongfully deny claims.
The Boca Raton, Florida insurance denial lawyers at Bernstein Polsky work closely with individuals whose homeowner’s claims have been denied. Not every homeowner knows their policy inside and out. An insurance lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida can review your policy, fight to help you settle your claim either inside or outside of court, and assist you with the next steps of your claim.